What a blast! The VOGUE LIVE virtual show this past weekend was just a lot of fun. Best part? Our tech side of the project worked just fine. We had just a small issue when we set it up but we resolved it by showtime. Something changed from testing the day before and we needed to figure that out, but we’ve learned that showing up early for the start is a requirement…not an option. Yes we learned this the hard way from shows gone by.
The big news this week is our Annual Studio Sale on Saturday the 21st…we start at 2:00 PM Pacific and it will run until about 3:30…depending on vocal chords. It’s a virtual sale of course and we’ll be broadcasting on Facebook LIVE…free to watch and win! We have unloaded four kiln loads of work just for this show…NEW stuff…pictures today are from the first of those kilns...and we may see a new colorway making its appearance in the form of a new kit…yes a kit. It’s a cowl with yarn from Mountain Colors…all inside a mug available in four colorways! Our new color? Well watch on Saturday…
SATURDAY…Annual Studio Holiday Show 2:00 PM Pacific… Facebook LIVE
Do you have a preferred platform for virtual sales? We’ve used both Zoom and Facebook and find that each has advantages and limitations on our end, but what do you think? Our equipment can be set for either platform and we have bandwidth with the addition of fiber to the property a couple months ago, but your opinion would be welcomed.
This week will see us getting the details ready for the show on Saturday. We’ll do a walk through on Friday and then I’ll start to fine tune the tools. On top of that we’re working on our schedule for later in 2021…yes 2021. Sounds crazy but it’s going to happen…2021 will get here sooner than we think but not nearly as fast as we might like. I'm pretty much done with 2020. Right?!
I’m not complaining mind you, but the news about vaccines that may become available soon is complicating the planning for us…will shows look strategically at their dates and the effects of the vaccinations? Will there be enough folks vaccinated? As of a few minutes ago, the reporting is that there is not enough vaccination contracted for to cover the “first tier”…let alone people like me (Tier 2)…or the general population (Tier 4)…so what will the shows do...will they cancel or postpone based on what the data looks like now...or gamble a bit on vaccines and plan for what might be in summer or fall? Ultimately, what will our schedule look like? I don’t know but I’m working on plans to get us where we hope/want to be seen. Let’s cross our fingers that it will all come together.
I’m afraid that 2021 will start, in a best case scenario; as a pretty rough ride for many folks...families...small businesses...
We're planning on wearing masks through 2021...even after vaccinations.